Thursday, February 28, 2013

So how did it REALLY go?

Many of you have been asking how my trip REALLY went
many of you may think T and I just took off to the DR by ourselves
nope
I was with 36 couples
all of which own their own company
and have  SIGNIFICANTLY more money than we do
and travel quite differently

that being said
I worked about 6-10 hours a day (depending on the day)
and rested 2 afternoons
BUT still got to take in the beautiful, amazing beaches
I even got tan

I did learn quite a few lessons on the trip
1. Women love to tell pregnant horror stories (not the best timing)
2. They LOVE their diet coke
3. Love their gossip magazines (I was caught up on the Bachelor and Kardashians quickly)
4. "So how is your husband going to make money as a professor?" number one question
5. being pregnant in a humid environment = HUGE ankles and feet
6. Church is much better in Spanish
7.  Having Gestational Diabetes while at an all exclusive resort is torture
8. Pregnancy was referred to as a disability multiple times
9. The Punta Cana airport is the worst in the world
10. My husband is so caring
11. When you can't lay on your stomach to tan- your lines are super funny
12. Some people are not afraid to tan topless
13. Coco Locos (minus the Loco) drinks are the best
14. Baby really likes waters
15. People will react to the names we have picked out very differently, but i don't care:)
16. not a lesson learned BUT Baby was kicking like crazy down there

That's all
It was a learning experience but I am lucky to have had it!

No comments:

Post a Comment